Ways You Can Help
PER relies solely on the generosity of people like you to carry out its mission of education, investigation, intervention, rescue, and rehabilitation. There are several ways you can help PER and the horses, ponies, mules, and donkeys they rescue. You can make a big difference in the life of a neglected or abused equine.
- Complete internet searches with goodsearch.com: This is a search engine that donates to non-profit organizations and schools every time a search is completed through them. Log onto www.goodsearch.com, type Panhandle Equine Rescue in the organization to "goodsearch", and complete your internet search as usual. You can see how much has been donated by clicking "amount" raised.
- Become a member of PER: We have monthly meetings, fund raisers, and get-togethers. This is a great opportunity to get to know like-minded people when it comes to rescue
- Foster a Horse: PER absorbs all the costs. All you do is provide your facility and lots of TLC. All homes must be pre-approved.
Donate an item on our wish list: Mail it to the address below or contact Diane Lowery at 850-587-3565 to arrange a drop-off location.
All donations are tax deductible!
- Purina Healthy Edge Feed. Southern Mill & Supply on Hwy. 97 in Molino and Farm & Nursery Mart on Pine Forest Road in Pensacola will credit our account and we can pick up the feed.
- PDZ Granules
- Cowboy Magic Detangler Lotion
- Paste Wormers
- Fly Spray
- Salt or Mineral Bricks
- Corral Panels
- Glossy Photo Paper
- Computer Paper
- Manure Forks
Make a financial donation: Make A Donation through PayPal or send a check to our mailing address.
Panhandle Equine Rescue
P.O. Box 777
Cantonment, FL 32533.
- Adopt an Equine: Visit our adoption page for more details. You will then be contacted by our adoption coordinator who will come out to do an "on site" inspection.
- Sponsor an Equine: We have equines in our foster homes that require long term care before they are considered adoptable. Some are never able to be adopted because of special needs. Your sponsorship goes towards the care of any equine that you choose. You will receive a quarterly update on the progress of the equine, as well as updated pictures.
Jeffers has gone to a new program, which requires that people click on this banner to get to the Jeffers site to order and then all orders placed for the next 60 days will give us a commission.
- Volunteer your time or talent: There are many ways in which you can serve. You would be surprised what might seem small on your part is huge to us. Give us a call or download the volunteer form if there is any way you can contribute. If you are a horse trainer, PLEASE consider helping us. We always need trainers.
- Help get the word out: Tell your friends, co-workers, and family about PER, and of course ALWAYS report equine abuse and cruelty!
- Provide a service to help our horses feel and look better.